How to advertise a vacancy
Advertising your vacancy on
the Clergy Appointments Adviser's website
The online vacancy list is updated on
a regular basis, and consists of posts available in each diocese
that we have been made aware of.
Guidelines for placing your advert with us are as follows:
- Keep your advert succinct and to the point. It is better to
grab people's attention with a short and well written advert and
tell them where they can get further details from rather than bog
them down with endless details at this early stage.
- Please do include a closing date on your advert or it cannot be
included. This will also enable us to keep your advert live for as
long as possible. Where this is omitted we shall add one based on a
calendar month from receipt in this office.
- We do not accept adverts that ask for male only applicants if
there is not also mention that the parish in question has taken
Resolutions A&B at the very least. This is a bit of a grey area
in terms of employment law and church exemption, however in the
interests of best practice we can only take such adverts with the
- Please ensure that the advert you place with us has been
approved by the relevant people or persons. These may include your
local bishop, archdeacon or the patron.
- Please submit your advert in text only in a word document and
to a maximum of one side of A4. We cannot reproduce graphics and
logos etc. Please give details where job and parish profiles can be
obtained, preferably with an email address or a web-link.
- Please send your advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
allowing as much time as possible before the deadline. If you have
any questions relating to this please email in the first instance
to the same email address.
020 7898 1898