The Library has been described as the most important single
collection in the UK of books and other material dedicated solely
to ecclesiastical architecture, art, design and liturgy and is a
unique research tool for readers interested in those areas.
The Library is located at Church House, Westminster and is
usually open to external readers by appointment with the
part-time voluntary librarians (Tel. 020 7898 1884
- Wednesday and Thursday).
- 13,000 books and periodicals
- Over 100 current periodicals, on ecclesiastical and heritage
- Archive collections including photographic and manuscript
- Survey Files on about 16,000 parish churches
- An extensive slide collection
- Copies of the records of the contents of over 1,000 individual
External readers needing to arrange access to any of the
collections or assistance with research enquiries may do so by
letter, telephone (number as above) or e-mail - email@example.com.