Organisation and Governance
There are 20 members of the Board which acts as
trustee to the pension schemes and charities.
The Board is assisted by an executive that administers the
pension schemes, the assisted housing schemes for clergy and other
The Chairman is appointed by the Archbishops of Canterbury and
York with the approval of Synod.
The other members of the Board are
either elected by members of the pension schemes or elected or
appointed by employers that participate in the pension schemes or
other interested persons or bodies.
Elected by members:
- 1 bishop (by the House of Bishops of General Synod)
- 4 clergy (by the House of Clergy of General Synod)
- 2 members of CWPF
- 1 member of CAPF
Elected by employers
- 2 (elected by employers in the Church Workers Pension Fund and
the Church Administrators Pension Fund)
Appointed or elected by other interested bodies or persons
- 6 (elected by the House of Laity of General Synod)
- 1 (appointed by Archbishops after consultation with
- 1 (appointed by Archbishops)
- 1 (appointed by the Church Commissioners)