The Archbishops’ Commission on Families and Households was asked to explore what families and households of all shapes and sizes need to flourish.
In its new report – ‘Love Matters’ – the Commission has outlined five ambitions to support and strengthen family life.
- Value families in all their diversity, meeting their basic needs by putting their wellbeing at the heart of Government policy-making and our community life, including religious communities.
- Support relationships throughout life, ensuring that everyone is able to develop loving, caring relationships, manage conflict well and promote the flourishing of individuals and families.
- Honour singleness and single person households, recognising that loving relationships matter to everyone.
- Empower children and young people, developing their relational skills and knowledge, recognising their value and agency, protecting them from harm, and giving them the best start in life.
- Build a kinder, fairer, more forgiving society, removing discrimination, division and deep inequality for the sake of every family and household.
You can read the report here: