Closed Churches Available for Disposal

Smallbridge St John

St John's was built in 1834 of local stone under a pitched slate roof. The architect was Lewis Vulliamy, of the famous clock-making family, who used a simple Gothic 'preaching box' design with an eight bay nave and three sided gallery. The church sits within a large churchyard to the north-east of Rochdale town centre.

This Grade II listed building would be suitable for a variety of commercial activities including children's nursery, educational uses and as a surgery or clinical/medical centre. The local authority has indicated that A2 and B1 office uses would also be considered, as would a possible residential conversion. The property offers 3635 sq.ft. of internal floor space.

Offers in the region of £120,000 are invited.


Smallbridge, Rochdale, Lancashire

Smallbridge St John

SD 913 513

Contact details

Mr Peter Townley, Dunlop Heywood

The Chambers, 13 Police Street, Manchester

M2 7LQ

0161 817 4854