• the union of the benefice of Great Hallingbury and Little Hallingbury, the benefice of Hatfield Broad Oak and Bush End Saint John and the benefice of Hatfield Heath and Sheering (their constituent parishes to remain distinct);
• the appointment of the first incumbent of the new benefice;
• her parsonage house to be that of the benefice of Hatfield Heath and Sheering.
• the transfer of the parsonage houses of the benefice of Great Hallingbury and Little Hallingbury and of the benefice of Hatfield Broad Oak and Bush End Saint John to the Chelmsford DBF for diocesan purposes;
• the future patronage arrangements for the new benefice;
This consultation expires on Monday 15th August 2022.
Anyone may make representations (formal comments) for or against the draft scheme.
In order to be considered by the Commissioners, comments must be submitted in writing, either by post or electronically. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Email us using the form below, using "I would like to make a Representation".
- Write to: James Davidson-Brett, Pastoral Division, Church Commissioners, Great Smith St, London, SW1P 3AZ
- The Pastoral and Closed Churches Team are continuing to work primarily from their home, so please note:
• the best way to reach us quickly is via telephone or e-mail
• that it would be helpful if any correspondence is sent electronically
• if you need to send hard copy post to Church House please confirm via email so we can make sure it is processed in a timely manner
Any representations must be received not later than Monday 15th August 2022. Any representation should include your reasons for your comments.
All correspondence received by the Commissioners will be treated as public correspondence.
If you have any queries about this draft scheme, please contact us using the form below using "I have a query about a draft scheme".
To find out more, please read our leaflet "Your Views Count"