Common Worship Lectionary app launched
The essential digital accompaniment to the Church of England's Lectionary of daily readings and services is now available as an app for iPad.
The new Lectionary app provides the Common Worship lectionary readings in full with live links to Bible passages in the New Revised Standard Version.
Developed by Aimer Media, the Lectionary app enables users
• Read the full text of all Bible readings set for every day in the Church's calendar
• Access the Collect and Post-Communion Prayers for the week at the touch of a button.
• Mark and annotate records - ideal for sermon-writing and service planning
• Browse the Lectionary by Date, Season, Event - or all three
• Find full details of when seasons, Principal Feasts and Festivals (Saints' days) occur and which liturgical colours are appropriate for the day.
Lectionary: The Official Common Worship Calendar from the Church of England is available to download at iTunes at http://itun.es/i6JP7V8 and includes a free 14-day subscription. Before or after the trial subscription has finished, users can sign up to one of two choices of three-monthly subscriptions - one with and one without access to the NRSV readings.
A demonstration video showing how the app works is available on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6rtDiycY9w
Screenshots are available at
The Lectionary app is available for iPad. A second release which will also work on iPhone/iTouch is already in development.
Other apps from Church House Publishing include Reflections for Daily Prayer, which has achieved over 35,000 downloads since October 2011.
For more on Aimer Media go to http://www.aimermedia.com.
The annual Common Worship Lectionary booklet regularly features in the Top 20 Religious Books as recorded annually by Nielsen Bookscan TCM.