Final list of female representatives to House of Bishops
The final result from the elections for female representatives to attend the House of Bishops have been announced. The Rev Libby Lane, Dean of Women in Ministry, Chester Diocese, has been appointed as representative for the NW region.
At its meeting of 7 February 2013 the House of Bishops decided that eight senior women clergy, elected regionally, will participate in all meetings of the House until such time as there are six female Bishops who will sit as of right.
Members already elected are:
• East Midlands region - Ven Christine Wilson, Archdeacon of Chesterfield
• West Midlands region - Revd Preb. Dr Jane Tillier, Lichfield Diocesan Adviser for Women in Ministry
• East Anglia region - Ven Annette Cooper, Archdeacon of Colchester
• South and Central region - Ven Joanne Grenfell, Archdeacon of Portsdown
• South West region - Ven Nicola Sullivan, Archdeacon of Wells
• North East region - Very Revd Vivienne Faull, Dean of York
• South East region - Ven Rachel Treweek, Archdeacon of Hackney
The representatives will take up their roles on 1st December.
The rules relating to the election of the regional representatives can be found here.
More information on the role and work of the House of Bishops can be found here.