On this training day, we'll equip you with practical skills, strategic knowledge and the confidence to put what you've learnt into practice. You'll receive support from our team and the opportunity to stay for our 'surgery session' where we can answer your questions or help you try out new skills.
Since the beginning of 2018, we will have trained more than 2,000 churches in digital skills.
Is this course for you?
These training days are free to attend and are for those who are looking after social media or websites for a Church of England church.
This course is ideal for you if you are starting out on Facebook pages or Instagram and would like to know how to create an effective and welcoming online presence for your church.
Or, you may be someone who already has some experience, but is looking for new ideas and knowledge of features such as paid advertising and Insights. Throughout the day we provide real examples from churches, expert tips and hands-on experience as we encourage you to try out new skills.
Our aim is that you'll come away with lots of ideas to put into practice, the confidence to try new features, and the knowledge to measure your success.
Comment from an attendee:
“The more technical parts were explained in an understandable way. I found the pace just right, which kept the interest going. The participants were encouraged to share their experiences.”
What will you learn?
- Understanding audiences
- Creating a welcoming church Facebook page – what details you should have, ideas for posts, going Live and creating content
- Measuring success through Facebook Insights
- Facebook advertising - How to 'Boost'
- Instagram for churches – what is Instagram? Setting up a church account, how to post and an introduction to Instagram stories
- A Church Near You – how to use the platform strategically
- Creating content using Facebook Stories
- Dealing with negativity online and safeguarding Inc. photography and video
- Language and tone
- Social Media Surgery session – A chance to ask us anything!
“It was delivered in an accessible and friendly way - and there was a wealth of very valuable information that was all relevant.”
What do you need to bring with you?
- A laptop
- Tablet or smartphone
- Pen (we'll provide workbooks)
- A personal Facebook profile. If you do not have a personal Facebook profile, it will be essential to set one up at least a week in advance so it can be approved in time. Find out how to create a personal profile here.
- Editor access to your church's Facebook page. If your church does not yet have a Facebook page, come early and we can help you get one set up on the day. Find out how to create a Facebook page here.
- It is not essential to have an Instagram account before attending.
“Good subject matter knowledge supported by real-life experience. I think that it was pitched perfectly with access to additional material if needed.”
How do you book on to a course?
These training days held in your local area and can be booked through your Diocese office. Find your local Diocese office here and ask for the dates of the next Introduction to Digital training day.