1. Register an account with SumUp
- Login to your Parish Buying account (or register for one if you do not currently have one)
- Navigate to Categories, Giving and Payments, and click on Online Giving
- Follow the link to set up a SumUp account
- To do this, you will need your: church bank details; mobile phone number; church code; church address and telephone number; church website/ A Church Near You page/ social media webpage link.
*There are other providers that offer this service, but we believe that Sum Up offers the lowest transaction rate per donation (1.95%) on the market.
2. Create an online giving account
Go back to the Parish Buying Online Giving page.
- Click on Create My Online Giving Account
- Enter your SumUp login details and click on Campaigns
- From here, click Add Campaign, select Web Online as the campaign type
- Select the Campaign Colours layout and fill in your campaign details
- Don’t forget to click on Publish once you’ve finished entering all the details.
To get started, visit Parish Buying
3. Share your online giving page
Once you have created a campaign as described above, you can copy the web link for your campaign page. This can then be shared on your website or social media. To help you talk about online giving with your community, download the free Online Giving animation from the A Church Near You Resource Hub.