Using the free resources, children and young people will have the chance to play the part of MPs by making a law and running a mock-election, while learning about the importance of the 1918 Representation of People Act which paved the way for women to vote. They can also participate in worship, saying the prayers used in the Houses of Commons and Lords every day at the start of business.
Parliament week packs for schools, churches and other Christian groups contain:
- A booklet with a wide range of activities for use at events, together with prayers and reflections from Christian parliamentary figures (see above).
- A ballot box for mock elections,
- Posters to help you promote events,
- UK Parliament Week pin badges,
- A UK Parliament Week placard for social media photos,
- A ‘Votes for Women’ sash, to get participants in the Vote 100 spirit.