Membership is drawn from a diverse group of people who bring skills, experience and expertise in rural church life, mission and public affairs. It includes General Synod representatives, bishops with a concern for rural affairs, seconded members with particular skills and a representative of the diocesan network of Rural Officers.
The group aims to
- Enable rural mission and growth through working with policy and practice development at the national and diocesan level
- Be an active partner with the Renewal and Reform programme, proactively engaging with each workstream to further the needs of rural churches
- Commission and publish research to inform rural clergy and congregations
- Engage with national governmental rural policy
- Work in partnership with external organisations on rural community issues
For more information contact the National Rural Officer using the form below.