Who is eligible?
Upon ordination, all Anglican clergy are eligible to appear in Crockford's Clerical Directory in print and on-line. Biographical entries continue to develop over time into a full historical record of their ministerial journey.
There is no charge to appear in Crockford.
Appearing in Crockford for the first time
- Read our privacy notice to find out about the data we collect and how it is used
- Complete and return a data form to provide us with the necessary information to compile your entry
- Complete and return a permissions form to inform us of your preferences regarding the use of your data
Please note, we cannot publish your entry without your consent.
Guidance on filling out the data formName
- Title - clergy are requested to indicate their preferred style of address – Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Dr/Prof
- Christian Names - please indicate any preferred name
- Alternative Names - if you particularly wish to have an alternative name recorded, please give details, e.g. maiden names of married female clergy, or names relating to religious orders
The details we require are the full names (and recognised abbreviations) of honours, degrees (including honorary degrees) and qualifications, the year received and, where applicable, the awarding institution. Fellowships and memberships of learned societies, academies and professional institutions also are included.
'Others' (on the form) refers to professional qualifications and membership of professional, learned or religious societies.
Please provide the name of the institutions(s) attended and either the year of entry or the year in which a degree was awarded, if applicable.
Parochial appointments are described in terms of benefice, rather than church or parish, and benefice names will be abbreviated as appropriate.
It is not Crockford policy to include any of the following:
- Informal local arrangements or areas of special responsibility
- Emeritus appointments
- Licence/permission to officiate when another appointment was held at the same time
- Commissary appointments
- Examining chaplaincies and secular appointments (other than with registered charities or in education).
Throughout the form, please use full title and recognised abbreviation for non-standard information.