Clergy payroll

Payroll Services (Clergy Team) pay a stipend to most clergy and licensed layworkers in parochial appointments. We don't employ the clergy, but we are responsible for making statutory deductions in respect of PAYE tax and National Insurance.


Please check if you have submitted your Annual HLC Return for the year ending 31 March 2019.  Forms completed via MyView will show in your account, under submitted forms.  If you have been asked to complete this form and haven't done so by 14 October then your HLC allowance will be suspended; your HLC allowance can be reinstated when you submit this form but you will pay more tax and National Insurance while your allowance is suspended.  Please read our HLC annual return page before completing your form. For more information on the HLC scheme and how it allows you to save tax and National Insurance please see our dedicated HLC page.

Do we have your up to date email address? Please check on MyView to see what address we currently hold. If you need to update your email address please see our frequently asked questions for information on how to do this.

For help completing your tax return please see our Ministers of Religion tax return page.

Stewardship are no longer be offering payroll giving, we have contacted all members to confirm that the final deduction was taken in July.

You can now opt out of receiving paper stipend documents, please see our Payroll FAQs and this document for details.

The Table of Parochial Fees for 2019 is now available, please click the link for more details.

Clergy can now apply for parochial roles on FAQs & guidance on creating a personal profile are at here. If you need any guidance please contact Pathways Support.