Church Buildings (Uses and Disposals) Committee
These functions are:
- Settling the future of all church buildings closed for regular public worship under the Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011.
- To consider any objections to Schemes providing for these buildings' future.
The committee is made up of both clergy and lay people.
- Dr Eve Poole, Third Church Estates Commissioner (Chair)
- The Reverend Stephen Trott (Deputy Chair)
- The Reverend Canon Bob Baker
- April Alexander
- The Lord Best
- The Reverend Canon Peter Cavanagh
- The Reverend Simon Talbott
- John Steel
- Margaret Davies
The committee's Terms of Reference and Scope of Responsibilities can be found at the bottom of this page.
Considering formal objections
The Committee considers all representations (formal comments) for or against draft proposals where formal objections are not withdrawn. A flow-chart setting out the process can be found at the bottom of this page.
All draft proposals can be found on our Consultation Page. The cases where the consultation process has ended but which may be considered by the Committee can be found on our Representation Cases page.