Once downloaded, the app allows access to an electronic version of the timetable as well as all the documents you need to take part in the session as a member. Any changes or updates to the timetable and documents are also sent to the app.
The app uses accessibility standards built into iOS and Android devices which means content should be accessible to everyone. All documents can be downloaded to your device so that you can read them even whilst not connected to the internet and you are also able to mark any documents to save a list in your own My Synod area.
As of June 2019, the General Synod app has been updated with the following features:
- Device push notifications - users now receive a device notification when updates to the timetable or documents are made available in the app
- Request to speak form - users are now able to request to speak via the app
- Document notes - users are now able to store notes against individual documents within the app
- Landscape mode - more devices have been added to allow landscape mode when using the app
- Document search in Category mode - document details are now searched in the default Category view
One of the main purposes of building an app for General Synod was to ensure that the content members need to access are available in an easy-to-access and accessible way. Whilst the Church of England website lists all documents for each session, the app provides a simple way to view all the documents as well as an electronic timetable for each session of General Synod.
We have already begun working on updates to the General Synod app and are exploring ways to enhance the functionality around member's resources, contact and messaging as well as secure areas for document uploads and downloads. We'd love to hear from you as a member of General Synod using the app, so that we can ensure that it is working for you. Please contact us using the form below for any help or feedback.