MyView is being replaced
MyView is being replaced by a new People System. From the end of March 2023 the new People System will manage the payment of clergy stipends, hold your personal information and the information that will be presented in the National Register of Clergy. Please ensure you use your 5 digit unique MyView reference number to log in to MyView, not your People System reference number.
The People System is where you will access pay documentation for March 2023 and into the future.
- Historic pay documentation will continue to be available in MyView until 31 July 2023.
- Please download and save your pay documentation for the tax year 2022-23 currently held in MyView by 31 July. Doing so will enable you to reference it when you complete your next tax return.
- This guide shows you how to download and print pay documentation from MyView.
- All of your historic pay documentation currently held in MyView will be archived and made available to you later this year. This means that you do not need to download all of your historic pay documents prior to 2022-23 tax year from MyView by 31 July. More information about how to access your archived documents will be communicated in due course.
- From April 2023, you will also be able to submit heating, lighting, and cleaning (HLC) estimates using the People System, if this applies to you.
Please note that MyView is not compatible with the Firefox, please use an alternative internet browser.
To sign in you will need your Unique ID (which can be found on your pay statement) and your password.
If you don’t have a password or can’t remember it, select ‘forgotten your password’ and follow the instructions. If the information has been entered correctly we will send you an email with a temporary password; this password is valid for two hours.
We have included some common questions below and there is also a step-by-step user guide to help you.
Help logging in
- Your unique ID is usually a 5-digit number, it is allocated to you when you join the payroll
- It is unique to you and it won’t change – even if you move to a different appointment
- You can find it on your pay statement in a box titled Unique Ref No about a third of the way down the page on the right hand side
- Visit the MyView log in page and click on “Forgotten your password?"
- Fill in the security information, taking care to enter it in the correct format, and click “Submit”
- You should receive an email with a temporary password that you can use to reset your account
There is also some useful information and guidance in the left-hand box of the log in page, including the criteria you need to meet when setting up new passwords.
Your password won’t expire but do keep it safe and don’t share it with anyone. You can reset it at any time but for security reasons the system won’t let you reuse a previous password.
- First check your junk or spam folders in your email account
- Try again taking care to enter your date of birth and NI Number in the correct format:
Your date of birth should be entered as 8 digits (no dots, dashes or slashes). For example: enter date 1 January 2017 as 01012017
Your National Insurance number should be 9 characters no spaces (2 letters, 6 numbers and 1 letter; the letters must be entered as capitals) ie AB123456C
Please don’t enter the second capital letter after the NI number printed on your pay statement; this is your NI category
If you have recently changed your email address, this might explain why the email hasn’t reached you, the temporary password will be sent to the address we have on record
If you are still having difficulties please send an email to [email protected] including your Unique ID, National Insurance number and Date of Birth.
If your account has been suspended, please reset your password.
On the other hand, if your account is locked, we will need to unlock it for you. Please send an email including your Unique ID to [email protected] for assistance.
Technical Difficulties (once logged in)
Try refreshing your screen by clicking on the refresh button or pressing the CTRL and F5 keys together. If your screen is still blank then sign out, close your internet browser window and try logging in again.
On occasions, the issue may be because MyView doesn’t work with your chosen internet browser, please try a different one (Internet explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome are the most common).
This is a temporary error you may get when the webpage times out or if a member of the Clergy Payroll team is updating your records. Please try again later and it should work, however, if the error persists please email [email protected] for further assistance.
Please send an email to [email protected], including your Unique ID and details of what you were trying to do. We will need to investigate so please bear with us whilst we are looking into this issue.
Please send an email to [email protected], including full details of your request and your unique reference number, the Clergy Payroll Team will look into it for you.
Yes you can. Simply press the print button at the bottom of the page and select your printer, if you have the option to print to a PDF file you can also save a copy.
Guide: How to download and print pay documentation from MyView
You can amend your bank details through MyView – please see the relevant user guide for further details. You will receive an email confirming the change but if you receive a confirmation email and have not requested any changes please contact us immediately.
Unfortunately we can’t accept any updates to personal details through MyView so please contact your funding body, usually your diocese, if you need to amend any other details.
You will only have access to MyView for a limited period after you leave our payroll, please ensure you download any documents you may need including pay slips, your P45, P60s, P11Ds and previously submitted HLC forms.
Please note clergy pensions are paid on a different payroll that is not linked up to MyView.
I can’t find what I am looking for
If your question hasn’t been included or you need some additional support then please consult the user guide and if that doesn’t help please send an email to [email protected] .
When contacting us please include as much detail as possible, make sure you quote your unique reference number, and where applicable the text of any error message you receive and/or any data you have entered, in the format you entered it.