As well as being part of something special, we aim to provide you with a benefits, development and wellbeing offer that supports you at work and home.
Everyone is welcome including those of all faiths and none.
- Work/life balance: A full time working week of 35 hours with a variety of part-time, flexible and remote options. We are maximising choice when possible, with many teams opting for a hybrid approach to their working week, with a mixture of home and office-based working
- Family-friendly: A range of enhanced leave and/or pay arrangements through our maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave schemes
- Employee assistance: A confidential Employee Assistance Programme service which gives access to services such as counselling, financial advice, legal guidance and other support services
- Personal resilience: In-depth training sessions and support
- Mental health first aiders: For support with mental health or emotional distress
- Occupational health: Referrals can be made for people to receive support from an Occupational Health specialist
- Disability Confident Leader: Being able to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- Eye tests: A regular eye test voucher and contribution towards lenses if required
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Cyclescheme.co.uk providing the opportunity to save between 30-40%
- Groups, socials and other events: Include the Environment working group, Women’s Network, UKME network, LGBT+ Staff Network - Last Thursday Group, Sports and Social Club, Yoga, running, tennis, rambling, quiz nights, wine tasting, plant club, book clubs and many more.
- Salary: Competitive salaries which are benchmarked against similar organisations and are reviewed regularly
- Discount schemes: Include Vodafone Employee Advantage, Tech kit: XMA Benefits Store, free entry to Westminster Abbey, Church House Bookshop (10% discount), Pass to use the Department of Education Restaurant
- Pension: A market leading package when it comes to our non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance: Cover under our life assurance policy for four times your annual salary
- Charity leave: Opportunity to use up to 5 days per annum to volunteer for a registered charity
- Season tickets: Interest-free season ticket loans for rail and bus travel
- Annual leave: Starts at 25 days per year plus bank holidays and increases with service plus three extra days to be taken at designated times throughout the year.
Learning and Career Development
- An integrated induction: An induction day which normally takes place at Lambeth Palace and a structured departmental programme relevant to your area. Find out more about learning and development at the NCIs
- Access to an e-learning platform: Access to a full suite of e-learning modules for you to work through from Excel to Customer Service and Leadership, as well as access to the Clear Lessons Foundation website
- Support for continuous ‘on the job’ informal learning: Includes regular personal development reviews, possible secondments within the NCIs and cross-team project working
- Apprenticeships: A programme of learning to enhance your levels of competency and confidence
- A framework for all line managers: Covering management fundamentals, policies, and regular bitesize sessions throughout the year
- Coaching and Mentoring opportunities: To support your career development
- Support for Leaders: Developing leadership confidence and practice
- Senior Leadership Group (SLG): for those who share in the leadership of the NCIs
- Professional Qualifications: Sponsored study arrangements for your required professional qualifications and often funding for non-essential study. Professional membership fees paid where there is a job requirement to belong to a professional body.
- The NCIs recognise the value of Trade Union membership. The three unions at the NCIs are PCS, Unite and FDA.