There’s a little more paperwork if your home is in a different country, even if you’re British.
A white wedding car stopped by a lychgate

If you are both British nationals living abroad, or if you are both British nationals but just one of you lives abroad, you can apply for a Common Licence to marry in a Church of England church on the basis of having one of seven legally-recognised connections with it. To see what those connections are, read more here.

The Vicar of the church will help you with the Common Licence application so you need to contact them first.

To find a church in any area of England, use the search below. If one of you is a foreign national, read more about what you need to do.

Source URL: