Organisations with expertise in supporting children and families through grief
- Scripture Union’s Guardians of Ancora Parenting Support has a large section of material around death, grief and suffering.
- Faith Incubators uses Faith5 (a version of the Examen) as a way to help families connect with God, each other and what is happening during the coronavirus pandemic.
- BRF’s Parenting for Faith has a number of blog posts, videos and podcasts exploring aspects of death and grief.
- Parenting Forward’s podcast 27 and 55 offer insights into children, death and grief from a progressive faith perspective.
- Prayer Spaces at Home has a suite of prayer activities including some which can be used to explore death, bereavement, faith and hope.
- Going for Growth has an extensive list of websites and resources around bereavement resources and support.
Books to help open up conversations about death
Waterbugs and Dragonflies by Doris Stickney
Rabbityness by Jo Emperson
I miss you by Pat Thomas