Every day we see generosity in our churches and Christian communities, reflecting the generous God we believe in.
It takes time, support and above all prayer to grow a generous culture. This Harvest we are launching The Generosity Week to give us the time and space to reflect on God’s Generosity and celebrate God’s generosity within our church’s ministry and mission.
We hope that by the end of The Generosity Week you’ll have a deeper understanding of God’s generosity towards us and how we can live more generously in our daily lives.
How can we get involved?
You can run The Generosity Week in your church to coincide with your Harvest Festival. As churches celebrate Harvest at different times this could be at any time between August to October. We will make resources available to churches from July, and we will be hosting webinars during the summer to offer guidance on running a Generosity Week at your church.
You may wish to use all the resources available or just a selection. Resources for churches include:
- A Generosity Service: Worship materials for two Sundays at the beginning and end of Generosity Week
- Guidance showing how to engage the wider community with The Generosity Week
- Activities to help your church discover and share its generous stories
- A social media and marketing toolkit to help you promote your church’s Generosity Week.
Generosity can be shown through everyday acts of kindness that make a huge difference to peoples’ lives. To encourage these acts of generosity we’re also encouraging people to take part in The Generosity Week Challenge.
- Eight podcasts exploring generosity stories from different churches across the country
- Daily devotionals on a Generosity theme
- A daily generosity activity to complete each day of The Generosity Week.
You can complete the Generosity Week Challenge by yourself or you might want to share the experience with your friends, family, work colleagues or other members of your church. The Generosity Challenge will be available from August.
What happens next?
We will make church resources available both here and on A Church Near You from July. All resources are free to use.
We recommend signing up for the Parish Resources newsletter to receive updates and guidance on Generous Giving.