We organise regular events which cover a wide range of topics.
Come and join us!
Cathedral chapters are responsible for the most important collection of historic buildings in the country.
Our training sessions exist to help you protect and enhance the significance of these special, living places of worship.
We are happy to visit you and present on the role and function of the Cathedrals Fabric Commission for England and Fabric Advisory Committees to your FAC and members of chapter.
- The legal framework for making changes to cathedral buildings
- The role of an FAC in advising upon and determining applications
- The relationship of individual FACs to the Commission
The Association of English Cathedrals offers induction training for:
- Newly appointed cathedral administrators
- Deans without previous cathedral experience
- Members of cathedral chapters
We’ll be there to explain the work of the Commission and Fabric Advisory Committees.
New cathedral administrators and FAC chairs and secretaries may want to attend ChurchCare’s introduction on how the Church of England manages its buildings.
An archive of the papers presented at our past events is available through our dedicated Past Events page