Life Events fees from 1 March 2023
Please note that following the decision by the General Synod on 8 February 2023, an Amending Order was laid before Parliament on 28 February in order for the parochial fees in the following tables - which are lower than the original 2023 fees - to apply from 1 March 2023
- Parochial Fees Summary A4 (127.25 KB)
The legislation relating to parochial fees underwent extensive revision by the General Synod in 2011.
The Ecclesiastical Fees (Amendment) Measure 2011 made the following changes to the legal framework relating to parochial fees:
- Replaced of the incumbent’s fee by a fee payable to the diocesan board of finance;
- Established a list of services and other matters in respect of which parochial fees may be prescribed;
- Archbishops’ Council given the power to prescribe fees (including increases) for a period of up to five years;
- Express power to prescribe what costs and expenses are included within the statutory fees.
Fees can be found below. Further information is provided in Guidance and FAQs.
Guidance and FAQs
- Guide to Church of England Fees (132.71 KB)
For any questions about the fees, please use the contact form below: