The new People System for the Church of England will replace the current HR and payroll system (MyView) which is coming to the end of its supported lifecycle.
The People System is already operating and is the secure system that holds the information that is presented in the National Register of Clergy - a list of all ordained clergy (bishops, priests and deacons) in the Church of England who are authorised to minister.
As well as being the data source for the National Register, the People System will manage the payment of clergy stipends and hold the following information:
- Your personal details – name, date of birth, Person Unique Number, and demographic diversity information.
- Your contact information – phone number, email and correspondence address, and emergency contacts.
- Your current assignment information – how you are currently engaged with the Church of England. This is the information that will appear on the National Register. Previous appointments will be added in time.
- Your personal identification documents such as your birth or marriage certificate
- Your pay documentation – please note that existing pay documents will not be transferred from MyView to the new People System.
Find out more about the changes that are taking place to move the clergy payroll to the new People System on our FAQs page.
We are continuing to prepare the People System to manage the payroll, taking a cautious and methodical approach to ensure that the system can deliver the specific requirements for our clergy.
What does this mean for you?
For now and until further notice, please continue to use MyView for the following pay-related tasks:
- To access your payslips, P60 and P11D forms.
- To submit annual heating, lighting, cleaning (HLC) returns.
- To make any changes to bank account details.
- Pension payments are paid on a different payroll and therefore pension documents (including P60s) are not affected by this. If you have recently retired, you will still have pay-related documents on MyView from your stipendiary service which you may wish to download.
For all other changes to personal data, including your address or contact details, please continue to use the new People System.
If you have a question about the People System or the National Register of Clergy, please email the support team: [email protected].
People System FAQs
We have added a new page to capture questions and answers about the People System and the work taking place to move clergy payroll from MyView to the new system. If you have a question that is not covered on our FAQ page, please get in touch - [email protected].
Updating your details
Information someone else needs to verify and update on your behalf
If you find any information about how you are currently engaged with the Church – the information that shows on the National Register – is incorrect, please contact your local Diocese so that this can be corrected. The National Register is updated daily so any changes made by someone with the relevant permissions within your diocese will appear online the following day.
Information you can update
Changes to your personal information, such as your contact details for example, which won’t be visible on the National Register can be made by you by logging into the People System.
- Your personal details
- Your contact information
- Your personal identification documents
Login to the People System
Tip: You can find your username in your welcome email from the People System. Please note that your username is case sensitive. If you have any difficulties logging in, please email the support team - [email protected].
We are currently changing the way you log into the People System. If you have trouble accessing the system using an existing username, we will be in touch shortly to let you know how to sign in. See our FAQ page for more details.