The new People System for the Church of England is replacing the current HR and payroll system (MyView) which is coming to the end of its supported lifecycle.
The People System is the secure system that holds the information that is presented in the National Register of Clergy and, from 31 March 2023, manages the payment of clergy stipends. The People System holds the following information:
- Your personal details – name, date of birth, Person Unique Number, and demographic diversity information.
- Your contact information – phone number, email and correspondence address, and emergency contacts.
- Your current assignment information – how you are currently engaged with the Church of England. This is the information that is presented in the National Register. Previous appointments will be added in time.
- Your personal identification documents such as your birth or marriage certificate.
- Your pay documentation – the People System is where you will access pay documentation for March 2023 and into the future (see the important message below).
Login to the People System
Follow the instructions in the email from Oracle <[email protected]> sent on 30 March 2023 to activate your People System account. We have also published a guide to activating your account (see the link below).
When you have completed the steps to set up your account you will can use the link below to login to the People System. You may wish to save the link to 'favourites' in your browser:
Questions about the People System
More information about the People System is available on our FAQs page.
On 31 March 2023 the payroll for clergy moved to the People System from MyView.
Accessing the People System
Follow the instructions in the email from Oracle <[email protected]> sent on 30 March 2023 to activate your People System account. This process has been designed to ensure your data is secure and only accessible by you.
You can see an example of what this email will look like in this image.
What does this mean for you?
- Your stipend is now being paid using the new People System.
- The People System is where you will access pay documentation produced from March 2023.
- Historic pay documentation will continue to be available in MyView until 31 July 2023.
- Please download and save your pay documentation for the tax year 2022-23 currently held in MyView by 31 July. Doing so will enable you to reference it when you complete your next tax return.
- This guide shows you how to download and print pay documentation from MyView.
- We will archive all of your historic pay documentation currently held in MyView and make this available to you later this year. This means that you do not need to download all of your historic pay documents prior to 2022-23 tax year from MyView by 31 July. More information about how to access your archived documents will be communicated in due course.
You will be able to submit heating lighting and cleaning (HLC) estimates using the People System if this applies to you, and we will contact you when this is available.
- Pension payments are paid on a different payroll and therefore pension documents (including P60s) are not affected. If you have recently retired, you will still have pay-related documents on MyView from your stipendiary service which you may wish to download.
For all other changes to personal data, including your address or contact details, please use the new People System.
Updating your details
Information someone else needs to verify and update on your behalf
If you find any information about how you are currently engaged with the Church – the information that shows on the National Register – is incorrect, please contact your local Diocese so that this can be corrected. The National Register is updated daily so any changes made by someone with the relevant permissions within your diocese will appear online the following day.
Information you can update
Changes to your personal information, such as your contact details for example, which won’t be visible on the National Register can be made by you by logging into the People System.
- Your personal details
- Your contact information
- Your personal identification documents
Tip: You can find your username in your welcome email from the People System. Please note that your username is your Personal Unique Number (PUN). If you have any difficulties logging in, please email the support team - [email protected].