Our Welfare Benefits Advisor can help you with:
- benefit claims
- checking your eligibility for certain benefits*
- maximising your income
- accessing grants from clergy charities
- advice around care and funding for care
* There is a range of benefit calculators available online. Here is an example.
After helping you access any state benefits you might be entitled to, if you have a very low income and have limited savings or assets, we might be able to offer further help with a charitable grant. Find out more in our grant leaflet.
We offer help and advice if your housing needs change during retirement. This includes considering what support may be needed to allow someone to live independently and comfortably in their own home for as long as possible.
Our Housing Support Officer can help with:
- directing you to local services and support that can assist with services such as cleaning, decluttering, or gardening
- offering general tenancy support to ensure you manage your home successfully
- providing advice about where to go to get assistance with aids and adaptations
- giving you options about alternative housing if your circumstances change
These services are available to all of the Board’s customers, not just those in our community living schemes and rental properties.
To find local services for advice and support: Advice Local
Other useful websites:
Getting in touch
If you would like to get in touch to see how we could help you, please email [email protected] or contact our helpline by telephone on 020 7898 1824 (open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).