Organise your social media posts in 2020 with our downloadable content calendar
At the beginning of a new year, you are likely to be thinking about ways to bring a fresh approach to your church's social media channels. But, where do you start? We know it can be daunting thinking about what to post next week, let alone the next few months, but, with a little planning now, the next few weeks and months will be much easier.
Why create a plan? Creating a plan now, also known as a Content Calendar, will help you set out important dates you don't want to miss, and, will help you go from working out what to post week to week, to have planned out the next month. You'll have time to be more creative - it's much easier to make a quick video when you've got time to think it through, and, it's much easier to ask others to help without time pressure!
Creating a content calendar needn't be hard, or take up much time, we've even created one for you to download and start using today!
Five steps to get started
- Create a calendar, or better, download our calendar below!
- Start by looking at your planned events and services for the next three months and write these on the calendar, think about how far in advance you'll want to post about each.
- Next, take a look at a seasonal calendar and jot down important dates to include.
- For each date on the calendar, jot down one or two ideas for posts. Remember, you don't have to create each post yourself; instead, find content from other accounts you could share.
- Make a note of which ideas you could ask someone else to help with, and which you'll create yourself.
Once complete, put your calendar somewhere visible where you can keep referring back to!
Download our free church social media calendar for 2020
From #InternationalWomensDay to the #LiveLent campaign, we've included all these dates and more, to help you keep on top of your church's social media presence.
Each month contains
- Ideas and prompts to inspire your church's social media in 2020
- Church of England 2020 campaign dates and links
- Seasonal dates for the Church calendar
- Relevant hashtags to use
- Relevant 2020 awareness days
Each quarter we'll publish a new calendar with dates, hashtags, and new ideas for you to try out.
Download your first three months below.