Church of England churches can gain access to a Google Nonprofit account, which provides access to a whole suite of free benefits and resources, including:
- Link anywhere cards allowing you to add external URL links to the video
- Learn with YouTube creator academy
- Reach your local community with Google Ad grants
- Plan and collaborate with others using Google Workspace
These free benefits will support churches with online services on YouTube, reaching out locally with online Google Adverts (Ads) amongst others. All the benefits can be explored here.
How to create a free Google Nonprofit account to access these benefits
Church of England churches can register for one of these free accounts by using their charity number, if registered with the Charity Commission, or by using their church code found on A Church Near You.
To find your church code on A Church Near You:
- Log in to the site using your registered email and password
- In the top right-hand menu, click on My Churches and Benefices
- The church code can be found underneath the name of the church, inside a purple box.
Watch a video on how to find your church code.
Those using an ACNY church code will also need to download a certificate from the site as proof of charity status.
To do this:
- Visit the church page you need the certificate for
- Click on More Information on the left-hand side
- Scroll down to the bottom of the More Information page
- Click on the Download Certificate button and you will be automatically emailed the certificate.
Once you have the charity number or church code, alongside proof of charitable status, you will then need to create an account with Charity Digital.
Once your Charity Digital account is set up, this will enable you to create the Google Nonprofit account.