The Mixed Ecology Learning Pathway is designed to support people who are already in a lay or ordained ministry role in their parish who want to explore the mixed ecology of church. It’s designed for participants who feel called to engage in a traditional and pioneering approach and want to develop this further, exploring the relationship between the two. It also designed to support participants who are in an oversight role who want to actively enable a mixed ecology, of which others are also part of developing. The pathway helps participants to explore the theology and practice of the mixed ecology, how to inhibit innovation, the mixed ecology charism, innovation practices and qualities, how to be an effective enabler of others as well as how to implement this within their role and practically on the ground. Learning is online and through pre-listen/read materials, live teaching, group tasks and discussion.
The course is divided into 5 sessions which run over an 8 to12 month period.
- Why the mixed ecology? (exploring the why)
- Integrating a mixed ecology (exploring the what)
- Inhabiting a mixed ecology (exploring the who and how)
- Leading a mixed ecology (exploring the who and where)
- Shaping a mixed ecology (drawing themes together)