The Strategic Ministry Fund (SMF) is a long-term project to provide additional funds to support additional curacies in dioceses. Our objectives include:
- The provision of financial support for growth in the number of clergy.
- Funding will be deployed to support growth in the number of curates against a baseline
- the full incremental cost including pensions and housing will be considered
- Tailoring the level of funding support so it is proportionately higher for those dioceses that need it most.
- Ensuring that funding has the best possible impact through ensuring well planned and executed deployment and Formation.
The distribution of funds is handled by the Strategic Ministry Board which is chaired by the Chair of Ministry Council, with four members from Ministry Council and members from the Strategic Investment Board. The Director of Ministry will staff the Strategic Ministry Board.
Any questions about the SMF should be addressed to Alison Kemp ([email protected]) or David Wells ([email protected]) at the Ministry Development Team.
- Strategic Ministry Fund 2023 Application Form (113.42 KB)
- Strategic Ministry Fund 2023 Applicants Guidance (234.86 KB)
- Formation in Curacy: Guidance on Good Practice (215.04 KB)