The proposals provide for the union of the benefice of Finchingfield and Cornish Hall End and Wethersfield with Shalford and the benefice of Great and Little Bardfield (their constituent parishes to remain distinct) in the diocese of Chelmsford, for the appointment of the first incumbent of the new benefice and for his parsonage house to be that of the benefice of Finchingfield and Cornish Hall End and Wethersfield with Shalford, for the disposal of the parsonage house of the benefice of Great and Little Bardfield and for the future patronage arrangements for the new benefice.
This consultation expires on Monday 21st February 2022.
Anyone may make representations (formal comments) for or against the draft scheme.
In order to be considered by the Commissioners, comments must be submitted in writing, either by post or electronically. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Email us using the form below, using "I would like to make a Representation".
- Write to: James Davidson-Brett, Pastoral Division, Church Commissioners, Great Smith St, London, SW1P 3AZ
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, like many others we at the Church of England Pastoral and Closed Churches Department have transitioned to remote working.
As such, we ask that you please note the following:
- Please send all correspondence electronically rather than via postal services wherever possible.
- Our phones have been diverted or are being checked occasionally - e-mail will be a safer means of direct contact.
- We appreciate your patience during this time when we are working remotely.
Any representations must be received not later than 21st February 2022. Any representation should include your reasons for your comments.
All correspondence received by the Commissioners will be treated as public correspondence.
If you have any queries about this draft scheme, please contact us using the form below using "I have a query about a draft scheme".
To find out more, please read our leaflet "Your Views Count"