The proposals provide for the building to be appropriated for use as a visitor centre with community facilities and workshop space.
You can see the draft Scheme plan and accompanying explanatory note below. Anyone may make representations for or against the draft Scheme.
This consultation expires on Friday 25th February 2022.
In order to be considered by the Commissioners, comments must be submitted in writing, either by post or electronically. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Email us using the form below, using "I would like to make a Representation".
- Write to: Representations, Closed Church Division, Church Commissioners, Great Smith St, London, SW1P 3AZ
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, like many others we at the Church of England Pastoral and Closed Churches Department have transitioned to remote working.
As such, we ask that you please note the following:
- Please send all correspondence electronically rather than via postal services to Church House Westminster, as we will not be there to receive post.
- Our phones have been diverted or are being checked occasionally - e-mail will be a safer means of direct contact.
- We appreciate your patience during this time when we are working remotely.
Any representations must be received not later than 25th February 2022. Any representation should include your reasons for your comments.
Draft scheme is available for inspection at St John the Baptist Church, Croglin.
All correspondence received by the Commissioners will be treated as public correspondence.
If you have any queries about this draft scheme, please contact us using the form below using "Ask a question".
To find out more, please read our leaflet "Your Views Count"