The proposals enable the London Diocesan Fund to now sell a number of closed church buildings which have already been leased for residential use. The buildings affected are:
• Saint Simon, West Kilburn now known as Simon Court, Saltram Crescent, Maida Vale, W9 3JA
• Saint James the Great, Bethnal Green now known as St James’s Court, 331 Bethnal Green Road, E2 6LJ
• All Saints Tufnell Park (Upper Holloway) now known as All Saints Church, Tytherton Road, Tufnell Park, N19 4PZ
• Saint Peter, Upper Holloway now known as St Peter’s Church, Dartmouth Park Hill, Holloway, N19 5HL
• Saint Clement, Barnsbury now known as St Clements Court, 60 Arundel Square, Islington, N7 8BT
• Saint Peter, Stepney now known as St Peters Court, 99 Cephas Street, Stepney, E1 4AE
• Saint James, Moore Park, Fulham now known as 2 and 3 Church Row, Moore Park Road, Fulham, SW6 2JW
• Saint Mary, Stamford Brook now known as St Mary’s Court, Stamford Brook Road, Stamford Brook, W6 0XP
• Saint Philip, Earls Court now known as 97B Earls Court Road, Kensington, W8 6QH
• Saint Stephen, West Ealing now known as St Stephens Court, The Avenue, Ealing, W13 8HX
• Saint Mark Hanwell now known as St Marks Court, Lower Boston Road, Hanwell, W7 2ND
The full Draft Scheme and Explanatory Notes can be found below.
This consultation expires on Thursday 29th July 2021.
In order to be considered by the Commissioners, comments must be submitted in writing, either by post or electronically. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Email us using the form below, using "I would like to make a Representation".
- Write to: Harvey Howlett, Closed Church Division, Church Commissioners, Great Smith St, London, SW1P 3AZ
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, like many others we at the Church of England Pastoral and Closed Churches Department have transitioned to remote working.
As such, we ask that you please note the following:
- Please send all correspondence electronically rather than via postal services to Church House Westminster, as we will not be there to receive post.
- Our phones have been diverted or are being checked occasionally - e-mail will be a safer means of direct contact.
- We appreciate your patience during this time when we are working remotely.
Any representations must be received not later than 29th July 2021. Any representation should include your reasons for your comments.
The Draft scheme is displayed at the church.
The will be no drop-in due to Covid-19 restrictions.
All correspondence received by the Commissioners will be treated as public correspondence.
If you have any queries about this draft scheme, please contact us using the form below using "Ask a question".
To find out more, please read our leaflet "Your Views Count"