The proposals provide for the closure of the church for regular public worship, for the Winchester Diocesan Board of Finance to demolish the building, and for the cost of a new place of worship to be a first charge on the proceeds arising from the disposal of any part of the cleared site, and other associated matters.
This consultation expires on Monday 15th November 2021.
Anyone may make representations (formal comments) for or against the draft scheme.
In order to be considered by the Commissioners, comments must be submitted in writing, either by post or electronically. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Email us using the form below, using "I would like to make a Representation".
- Write to: Rex Andrew, Pastoral Division, Church Commissioners, Great Smith St, London, SW1P 3AZ
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, like many others we at the Church of England Pastoral and Closed Churches Department have transitioned to remote working.
As such, we ask that you please note the following:
- Please send all correspondence electronically rather than via postal services wherever possible.
- Our phones have been diverted or are being checked occasionally - e-mail will be a safer means of direct contact.
- We appreciate your patience during this time when we are working remotely.
Any representations must be received not later than Monday 15th November 2021. Any representation should include your reasons for your comments.
All correspondence received by the Commissioners will be treated as public correspondence.
If you have any queries about this draft scheme, please contact us using the form below using "I have a query about a draft scheme".
To find out more, please read our leaflet "Your Views Count"