Details about the conferences run by the Church Commissioners during summer 2018 to introduce the Mission and Pastoral etc. (Amendment) Measure 2018.
During July and September 2018, the Church Commissioners ran a series of four conferences around the country, mainly to introduce dioceses to the new provisions included within the Mission and Pastoral etc. (Amendment) Measure 2018, which amended the Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011.
A working copy of the Measure as amended can be found on our Mission and Pastoral Measure page, along with our updated Code of Practice and Deanery Plans Guidance.
Presentations were given by Commissioners' staff on:
- the new provisions included in the 2018 Measure (including Bishops' Pastoral Orders and changes to compensation for clergy);
- changes to existing processes,
- Bishops' Mission Orders; and
- Deanery Plans (including a presentation from the Church Buildings Council on buildings in Deanery Planning).
- We also heard various Diocesan experiences of BMOs and Deanery Plans.
The presentations given by Commissioners' staff can be found below. If you have any questions about them, please don't hesitate to get in touch using the form below.
- 1- BPOs TG Comp - version for website (1.07 MB)