House of Bishops guidance states that once all matters relating to a safeguarding concern or allegation against a church officer have been completed, lessons should be identified and learnt from the case.
- John Smyth review – a review of the Church’s handlings of allegations against the late John Smyth who between 1978-82 violently abused young men linked with the Iwerne Trust, a non-denominational Christian charity.
- Trevor Devamanikkam review – review of the Church’s handling of allegations (relating to sexual abuse of a 15-16 year old in Bradford Diocese in 1984) against the late Revd Trevor Devamanikkam.
- Graham Gregory review - the National Safeguarding Team has commissioned a lessons learnt review into the handling of allegations in five dioceses relating to the deceased priest. The review is expected to be completed, and published in full, later this year.
- Fr Alan Griffin review - the Diocese of London has commissioned a review into the handling of allegations described by Coroner Mary Hassell in her Regulation 28 Report (9 July 2021) to the Church of England in relation to the death by suicide of Fr Alan Griffin.
- William Scott Farrell - the National Safeguarding Team, NST, is undertaking an independent lessons learnt review of the recruitment and appointment of William Scott Farrell, a cathedral director of music who pleaded guilty to safeguarding offences.
- Bishop Whitsey review - A Betrayal of Trust (2020), the independent report into the Church's handling of the allegations concerning the late Hubert Victor Whitsey, former Bishop of Chester.
- Independent Review into Church's handling of Bishop George Bell case (2017) and annexes to the review
- NSSG response to Carlile Review recommendations
- An Abuse of Faith (2017) - independent review by Dame Moira Gibb into the Church's handling of the late Bishop Peter Ball case
- NSSG response to Gibb Review recommendations
- Kendall House review (July 2016) and Kendall House Review update
- Elliott Review findings and response from Bishop Sarah Mullally (2016)