House of Bishops guidance states that once all matters relating to a safeguarding concern or allegation against a church officer have been completed, lessons should be identified and learnt from the case.
- John Smyth review – a review of the Church’s handlings of allegations against the late John Smyth who between 1978-82 violently abused young men linked with the Iwerne Trust, a non-denominational Christian charity.
- Trevor Devamanikkam review – review of the Church’s handling of allegations (relating to sexual abuse of a 15-16 year old in Bradford Diocese in 1984) against the late Revd Trevor Devamanikkam.
- Bishop Whitsey review - A Betrayal of Trust (2020), the independent report into the Church's handling of the allegations concerning the late Hubert Victor Whitsey, former Bishop of Chester.
- Independent Review into Church's handling of Bishop George Bell case (2017) and annexes to the review
- NSSG response to Carlile Review recommendations
- An Abuse of Faith (2017) - independent review by Dame Moira Gibb into the Church's handling of the late Bishop Peter Ball case
- NSSG response to Gibb Review recommendations
- Kendall House review (July 2016) and Kendall House Review update
- Elliott Review findings and response from Bishop Sarah Mullally (2016)