The Archbishops’ Council has established an Interim Support Scheme to improve the Church’s response to current and non-current survivors of Church-related abuse. This Scheme is part of the Church’s recognition that harm has been caused by both that abuse itself, and the Church’s responses to survivors. This Scheme is not intended to provide compensation or restitution to survivors, nor is it a redress scheme; this is being developed separately by the Church.
The Interim Support Scheme is intended to give immediate help and support to survivors whose life circumstances are significantly affected by the abuse suffered, and the response to it and is designed to address immediate and urgent needs that help in the short-term to put the survivor’s life back on track.
How to apply
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- a completed application form ISS Application Form v2.docx (live.com)
- a completed consent form Interim Support Scheme Consent Form v.2.0.1.docx (live.com)
- an email confirming you have read the Privacy Notice ISS Privacy Notice v2.0.7.pdf (churchofengland.org)
A full list of supporting documents including a How To Guide are below.
- Contact: [email protected]
- Terms of Reference (ToR) for the Scheme
- Interim Support Scheme Guidance Notes to the ToR 1
- Interim Support Scheme Guidance Notes to the ToR 2
- Interim Support Scheme Applicants Privacy Notice
- Interim Support Scheme Consent Form
- Interim Support Scheme Application Form
- Interim Support Scheme: how-to guide for applicants
- Click here to download all documents in one folder
- List of panel members and designated Archbishops' Council trustees