Further results from the elections for female representatives to attend the House of Bishops have been announced. At its meeting of 7 February 2013 the House of Bishops decided that eight senior women clergy, elected regionally, will participate in all meetings of the House until such time as there are six female Bishops who will sit as of right.
The latest four elected members are:
• East Midlands region - Ven Christine Wilson, Archdeacon of Chesterfield
• West Midlands region - Revd Preb. Dr Jane Tillier, Preb of Lichfield Cathedral
• East Anglia region - Ven Annette Cooper, Archdeacon of Colchester
• South and Central region - Ven Joanne Grenfell, Archdeacon of Portsdown
This follows a previous announcement of the first three female representatives on the 26th September.
• South West region - Ven Nicola Sullivan, Archdeacon of Wells
• North East region - Very Revd Vivienne Faull, Dean of York
• South East region - Ven Rachel Treweek, Archdeacon of Hackney
The representatives will take up their roles on 1st December.
The result for the election in the North West region is expected to be announced before the end of October.
The rules relating to the election of the regional representatives can be found here:
More information on the role and work of the House of Bishops can be found here: