The Anglican Church in England and Wales is one of 15 investigations being looked at by IICSA, the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. There have been three hearings and two reports, including a number of recommendations, for the Church of England. These are detailed below along with our responses.
- NST response to IICSA's report on its Child Protection in Religious Organisations and Settings investigation.
- IICSA publishes Church's response to recommendations
- Publication of Church's detailed response to recommendations in our overarching report from IICSA
- IICSA recommendation on 'Positions of Trust' relating to faith leaders included in new Bill
- Church of England welcomes proposal
October 2020 - publication of overarching report from the Anglican Church investigation
- Executive summary
- Conclusions & recommendations
- Response from lead safeguarding bishop and national director of safeguarding
- Statement from the Archbishop of Canterbury
May 2019 - publication by IICSA of an interim report into the Chichester and Peter Ball case studies.
- Recommendations and responses
- Response from lead safeguarding bishop
April 2018 - IICSA published a wider interim report into its work
- Church of England response
March 2018 - Diocese of Chichester case study
July 2018 - Bishop Peter Ball case study
July 2019 - wider hearing into Church of England and Church in Wales