Reporting abuse and finding support
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
Past Cases Review 2 NSPCC helpline for Children and Adults: 0800 80 20 20
- National Casework enquiries - [email protected]
- National General safeguarding enquiries - [email protected]
- Your local Diocesan Safeguarding Team
Safeguarding and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- An update from the National Safeguarding Team regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Government Safeguarding Factsheet: Community volunteers during COVID-19 outbreak
- Government Guidance: How to help safely
- Guidance for dioceses and churches for the safe use of video-calling with young people
Parish Safeguarding Handbook
This Parish Handbook aims to further strengthen the Church’s approach to safeguarding by bringing into one place the safeguarding responsibilities for parishes as outlined in the House of Bishops’ Safeguarding Policy and Practice Guidance. It has been designed to support the day-to-day work of all parishes in relation to safeguarding and those who have a key role to play with children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable.
- Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
For templates and resources relating to safeguarding policy and practice guidance, including those referenced in the Parish Safeguarding Handbook, please see here.