As well as being part of something special, we aim to provide you with a benefits, development and wellbeing offer that supports you at work and home.
Everyone is welcome including those of all faiths and none.
- Work/life balance A full time working week of 35 hours with part time and flexible/remote working when possible operationally
- Family-friendly A range of enhanced leave and/or pay arrangements through our maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave schemes
- Employee assistance A confidential Employee Assistance Programme service which gives access to services such as counselling, financial advice, legal guidance and other support services
- Personal resilience In-depth training sessions and support
- Mental Health First Aiders For support with mental health or emotional distress
- Occupational Health Referrals can be made for people to receive support from an Occupational Health specialist
- Disability Confident Leader
- Eye tests A regular eye test voucher and contribution towards lenses if required
- Cycle to Work Scheme Cyclescheme.co.uk providing the opportunity to save between 30-40%
- Groups, socials and other events Include the Environment working group, Women’s Network, BAME network, LGBT+ Staff Network - Last Thursday Group, Sports and Social Club, Yoga, running, tennis, rambling, quiz nights, wine tasting, book clubs and many more.
- Salary Competitive salaries which are benchmarked against similar organisations and are reviewed regularly
- Discount schemes : Include Vodafone Employee Advantage, Tech kit: XMA Benefits Store, free entry to Westminster Abbey, Church House Bookshop (10% discount), Pass to use the Department of Education Restaurant
- Pension A market leading package when it comes to our non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance Cover under our life assurance policy for four times your annual salary
- Charity leave Opportunity to use up to 5 days per annum to volunteer for a registered charity
- Season tickets Interest-free season ticket loans for rail and bus travel
- Annual leave Starts at 25 days per year plus bank holidays and increases with service plus three extra days to be taken at designated times throughout the year.
Learning and Career Development
- An integrated induction An induction day which normally takes place at Lambeth Palace and a structured departmental programme relevant to your area. Find out more about learning and development at the NCIs
- Access to an e-learning platform Access to a full suite of e-learning modules for you to work through from Excel to Customer Service and Leadership, as well as access to the Clear Lessons Foundation website
- Support for continuous ‘on the job’ informal learning Includes regular personal development reviews, possible secondments within the NCIs and cross-team project working
- Apprenticeships A programme of learning to enhance your levels of competency and confidence
- A framework for all line managers Covering management fundamentals, policies, and regular bitesize sessions throughout the year
- Coaching and Mentoring opportunities To support your career development
- Support for Leaders Developing leadership confidence and practice
- Senior Leadership Group (SLG) for those who share in the leadership of the NCIs
- Professional Qualifications Sponsored study arrangements for your required professional qualifications and often funding for non-essential study. Professional membership fees paid where there is a job requirement to belong to a professional body.
- The NCIs recognise the value of Trade Union membership. The three unions at the NCIs are PCS, Unite and FDA.