The Church of England has over 10,000 churches in rural areas and 40% of those who attend church go to rural churches. We are committed to supporting rural churches in their mission and helping them to grow.
We have a dedicated National Rural Officer who provides advice, consultancy and training for dioceses. Use the contact form at the bottom of this page to get in touch.
How we can help
- Advice and expertise on rural communities, mission, growth, discipleship, and ministry.
- Support for multi-parish benefices and large groups of rural churches
- Training for rural ministry
- We also provide training, resources and practical support for rural churches and congregations with our ecumenical partners through Germinate: Arthur Rank Centre
- Take a look at Country Way magazine especially for rural churches.
Find out more about the Rural Affairs Group and how it helps rural churches and their congregations.