Children and Young People
You can find out about the Church's work with children and young people in parish and diocesan settings on the Children and Young People pages. Contact the National Children and Youth Adviser using this contact form.
Contact your local school or find an inspection report through A Church Near You.
Specific school queries should be directed either to the school concerned or to the relevant Diocesan Board of Education (see map below).
School history enquiries
The Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership
For any enquiries about the Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership, including enquiries about their leadership programmes, please visit their dedicated website.
For all media enquiries contact the Communications team.
If you are dissatisfied with the service offered by the NCIs please follow the complaints handling policy and procedure for the NCIs and read the associated privacy notice.
The Church of England Education Office works in partnership with the dioceses to support education in a variety of settings:
- Support diocesan advisers, parishes and individuals in their work with children and young people in parish, diocesan and community settings.
- Support the Church of England Youth Council.
- Working in partnership with the dioceses to support the 4,644 Church of England schools, and the 200 Church schools in Wales.
- Negotiate with Government and other national agencies to maintain and develop the contribution of Church schools to public education in England and Wales.
- Support and advise diocesan education teams on technical issues, curriculum and religious education, collective worship and school character.
- Develop, manage and quality assure the denominational inspection process (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools).
- Promote chaplaincy in educational settings.
- Develop strategy and policy in Further and Higher Education.
Chief Education Officer
Nigel Genders - Chief Education Officer
Chief Officer for the National Society and leads the work of the Church of England Education Office which serves the Church's ministry with children and young people in churches, schools, colleges and universities.
T: 0207 8981065
Andy Wolfe - Executive Director of Education
Responsibilities: overseeing the development of leadership programmes and networks across the Education Office and the Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership.
T: 0207 8981065
Emma Trenier - Head of Programme Delivery
Responsibilities: overseeing all the Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership programmes, including the CofEPQH, the Diocesan Education Leaders Programme and MAT Leadership.
T: 020 7898 1545
Emily Norman - Head of Partnerships and Inclusion
Responsibilities: overseeing all the Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership peer support networks.
Jo Lomax- Programme Lead
Aleishia Lewis- Programme Lead (NPQs)
Rob Robson- Programme Lead
Jo Palmer- Operations Support Officer
Hulda Adao- Programmes Officer
Emily Kiddy- Leadership Development Programmes Officer
Jenny Wangui- Digital and Marketing Officer
Margaret James- Head of SIAMS
David Tait- Deputy Head of SIAMS
Anna Blacknell- SIAMS Systems and Data Officer
Garry Neave - National FE and HE Policy Adviser
Robyn Ford- Estates and Policy Officer
Operations & Finance
Grace Loughran - Operations Manager
Lisa Osborne- Governance Support Officer
Kalyn Mallard- Executive Assistant (SLT)
T: 0207 8981065