If you would like printed copies of any of our publications please use the webform at the bottom of the page. The cost is £5 per copy, including postage and an invoice will be sent with the reports.
Faith in Further Education - Vocation Transformation and Hope (2021)
Faith in Further Education is offered to all involved in further education, especially those who lead and work in it, as well as those in churches and dioceses seeking to forge stronger and deeper relationships with FE and Sixth Form Colleges. This vision complements the Church of England Vision for Education: Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good (2016) and its HE articulation, Faith in Higher Education (2020).
Faith in Higher Education - A Church of England Vision (2020)
Faith in Higher Education is offered to all involved in higher education, especially those who lead and work in it. This vision complements the Church of England Vision for Education: Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good (2016)
Called, Connected, Committed - 24 Leadership Practices for Educational Leaders (2020)
Developed by the Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership, this resource was launched at the Church of England's fourth annual Education Conference in February 2020.
- Called, Connected, Committed (David F. Ford & Andy Wolfe)
Embracing Change: Rural and Small Schools (2018)
This report sets out the context and challenges for small and rural schools. It discusses two main questions: what do we need to have in order to deliver an excellent 21st Century education and equip children to flourish? And how does the current distribution of Church of England schools serve God's mission?
Valuing All God’s Children (2017)
Guidance for Church of England schools to prevent homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.
In response to the positive feedback received from schools, we have updated this edition of Valuing All God's Children.
- The appendix listing resources and organisations offering support to schools seeking additional help in the provision of anti-bullying training were being interpreted by some as a list of ‘recommended' organisations for issues beyond the scope of Valuing All God’s Children. We have removed these pages from the publication because we are not able to make recommendations for such a wide range of possible needs. Instead, schools are encouraged to seek Diocesan advice and always ensure any external providers have a proven track record, come recommended by someone they trust and are sensitive to the ethos of Church schools.
- The list of protected characteristics on page 13, the comments on page 14 and the legal framework section of page 29 (Appendix C) have been updated to ensure greater clarity about gender reassignment being a protected characteristic.
- The recommendation about the curriculum on pages 6 and 27 has been broadened to ensure a wide understanding of identity.
- Valuing All God's Children Report (2.73 MB)
Church of England Vision for Education: Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good (2016)
This is a fresh articulation of the Church of England's vision for education; a vision that is deeply Christian, with the promise by Jesus of 'life in all its fullness' at its heart. This is worked out theologically and educationally through four basic elements: wisdom, hope, community, and dignity.
Unlocking Gifts Report (2021)
Printed copies not available
The Unlocking Gifts Project, funded by the Jerusalem Trust, offered schools the opportunity to generate ideas on how to focus resources on relatively simple programmes to make a difference to the most disadvantaged groups. The 2021 report shows how nine six different projects were able to help pupils to achieve, be the best they can be, flourish and have 'life in all its fullness.'
- Unlocking Gifts: Introduction (2021) (239.76 KB)
Fruit of the Spirit - A Church of England Discussion Paper on Character Education (2015)
This is a discussion paper in partnership with the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues. The paper includes helpful case studies highlighting different approaches to character education in Church of England schools, as well as questions to support reflection on individual schools' approach to character education.
- The Public Face of God (2014) (1.84 MB)