The Discernment Team provides advice to Bishops in their task of discerning those to train for ordained ministry through the provision of Stage 1 and Stage 2 panels in the new Shared Discernment Process and running Candidates' Panels. We also train Bishops' Advisers for their work at a Panel and Diocesan Directors of Ordinands for their work with candidates.
Shared Discernment Process
New webpage content about the Shared Discernment Process is under development and will be available here soon.
Candidates Panel – Information and forms for DDOs
For DDOs needing to send candidates to Candidates Panel (rather than through the Shared Discernment Process), a list of forthcoming Candidates Panel dates, the Candidates Panel Booklet, and various Candidates Panel paperwork/forms are available below.
- Candidates Panel Dates 2023 and 2024 (43.04 KB)
- Candidates Panel Booklet (364.55 KB)
- Candidates Panel Proforma (53.5 KB)
- Candidates Panel Data Protection Form (46.23 KB)
- Incumbent Reference (73 KB)
- Lay Reference (76 KB)
- Occupational Reference (48 KB)
- Educational Reference (45.5 KB)
- Ethnic diversity form (42 KB)
- Statement of Financial Position (40.5 KB)