It is the agreed policy of the House of Bishops that newly ordained ministers should serve at least three years in a training post before taking on a post of incumbent status.
You will find our policy and guidance for dioceses below:
Appointment of curates
- Code of procedure (546.72 KB)
- Title post personal profile (40 KB)
- Personal profile proforma (29.5 KB)
- Health questionnaire (394.5 KB)
Formation and assessment in curacy
- Formation criteria for ordained ministry (330.26 KB)
- Learning agreement for curates (220.68 KB)
- Feedback for curates (25.5 KB)
- Good practice for training incumbents (282.73 KB)
- Annual Self Assessment for IME2 (54.5 KB)
New formation frameworks (from Autumn 2022)
It is up to each diocese when to introduce these for their curates. They may be used for any curate from Autumn 2022, but must be used for those ordained deacon in or after 2024. Some more detailed suggestions for curriculum are available from the National Ministry Team. Guidance on reporting and assessment will be produced by Summer 2022.
- IME2 Priest qualities and evidence
- IME2 Priest PIONEER qualities and evidence
- IME2 Distinctive Deacon qualities and evidence
After their first phase of training, ordinands need a ‘title post’ to which they will be ordained and in which they will continue their training as a curate.
For ordinands who have been ‘released’ by their sponsoring diocese and are seeking a title post in a different diocese, this page acts as a noticeboard of vacant positions. Click on the headings below for more information. Please use the contact details provided with each advert for more information on the post and how to apply. This list has the most recent notices at the top.
Guidance and support for candidates during this process is the responsibility of the ordinand’s TEI and sponsoring diocese, with the TEI normally taking the lead role when candidates are considering a title post in a different diocese, so please raise any questions or concerns with your TEI.
Curacies at Diocese of Derby
Available curacy vacancies at the Diocese of Derby.
Curacies at Diocese of Guildford
Available curacy vacancies at the Diocese of Guildford.