Whether you are familiar with church or whether it is new to you, after your wedding, you can go along to the church where you were married, or the church wherever you live, or even visit a church when you are travelling away from home.
How can your church support you?
- In prayer. In the church we believe that God is alive, loves us and answers our prayers. So at any time you are welcome to come and pray by yourself or with us, or ask us to pray for you. Prayer, and space to pray, is our greatest gift to you. Your church wishes you a lifetime of love that grows within God’s protection.
- By offering sacred space. Churches are special places where you can find space in a busy life to connect with God. You can also join others in learning about and celebrating the amazing journey of the Christian faith.
- In the good times. You are always welcome to church for special times like Christmas, Easter, Valentines, or personal anniversaries. We could even offer to pray with you on special occasions, such as your first wedding anniversary. If you have children we would be delighted to discuss their christening with you, if you feel this is something you would like to explore for your children.
- In the tough times. Life inevitably has its ups and downs, whether in your relationship, or in the events that life brings along. Churches can offer a space to reflect, a confidential listening ear and prayer support if you need it.
- By blessing your marriage. A husband and wife can have their civil marriage dedicated to God in church, whether they married in the UK or abroad. Find out more.
- By renewing your marriage vows. Many couples like the idea of renewing their marriage vows to celebrate a special anniversary, or to mark the end of a difficult time. The church offers a special service for a husband and wife to do just that, read more.
With over 16,000 churches in England, and thousands more Anglican churches across the world, wherever you live, your community or one close by will have a church.
If you’d like to find out which is your local church, use the search box below to search for churches near where you are.
Find your local church