11 The Rules in Part 9 apply to each parish.
Scheme for amendment
12 (1) The annual parochial church meeting or a special parochial church meeting may make a scheme to amend or supplement, or to replace (either as a whole or in part), the Rules in Part 9 in so far as they apply to that parish.
(2) A scheme under this Rule may not make provision which would disapply or suspend or restrict the application of –
(b) Rule M13 (special parochial meeting);
(c) Rule M14 (extraordinary parochial meeting);
(e) Rule M15(13) (PCC: disqualification from membership);
(f) Rule M27(2) (PCC quorate only if majority present lay);
(g) Rule M36 (district church council: disqualification from membership);
(h) Rule M41 (joint council: disqualification from membership);
(i) Rule M42(5) (joint council: laity must outnumber clergy).
Procedure for making scheme
13 (1) A scheme under Rule 12 is valid only if it is approved by at least two-thirds of the persons present and voting at the meeting.
(2) A scheme approved under paragraph (1) must be referred to the bishop’s council and standing committee and must be accompanied by –
(a) a copy of the resolution of the meeting at which the scheme was approved, and
(b) a statement of the number of persons attending the meeting, the number voting for approval of the scheme and the number voting against.
(3) The bishop’s council and standing committee, having had a scheme referred to it under paragraph (2), may –
(a) approve the scheme without amendment,
(b) approve the scheme subject to proposed amendments, or
(c) decline to approve the scheme.
(4) The bishop’s council and standing committee may approve a scheme only if it is satisfied that the scheme –
(a) makes due provision for the representation of the laity of the parish,
(b) ensures effective governance of the parish,
(c) entitles the minister to chair the annual parochial church meeting and the PCC, and
(d) makes due provision for the allocation of property, rights, liabilities and functions to the PCC in circumstances where there is a scheme for the establishment of a joint council but the parish –
(i) ceases to be connected to the other parish or parishes to which the scheme applies (see Rule M37(4)), or
(ii) is dissolved by a pastoral scheme which makes provision under section 31(1)(b) of the Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011.
(5) An amendment proposed under paragraph (3)(b) is passed only if it is approved by at least two-thirds of the persons present and voting at the annual parochial church meeting or a special parochial church meeting.
(6) A scheme under Rule 12 does not come into operation unless it has been approved by the bishop’s council and standing committee.
(7) A scheme under Rule 12 comes into operation on the day specified in the scheme.
(8) Where a scheme under Rule 12 is approved under this Rule, a copy of the scheme –
(a) must be filed in the diocesan registry, and
(b) must be sent to the secretary of the bishop’s council and standing committee.