Clergy HR Governance
What RACSC does
- Develops policy relating to pensions in collaboration with the Church of England Pensions and the Church Commissioners.
- Promotes, in partnership with dioceses, clear conditions of work.
- Advises the Archbishops’ Council and dioceses about pay to stipendiary ministers.
- Makes recommendations about the parochial fees for life events ministry (baptisms, marriages and funerals)
- Advises on sector and chaplaincy ministries.
- Review of the Capability Procedure
- Working with dioceses and cathedrals to support Clergy well-being
- Review of the Dignity at Work Policy
- Fees Order 2019
- Review of policy guidance on the ministry of retired clergy
- Terms of Service that support diversity and enable inclusion
There are several routes to membership of RACSC which includes lay leaders with a range of expertise, diocesan secretaries, archdeacons and parochial clergy.
Chair - Bishop Christopher Foster, Bishop of Portsmouth
General Synod members elected by the General Synod
The Revd Shaun Morris
Canon Carol Wolstenholme OBE
Members appointed by the Appointments Committee
Revd Samantha Rushton
Ven Dr Michael Gilbertson
Revd Eleanor Robertshaw
One member nominated by the Pensions Board subject to confirmation by the Appointments Committee.
Members elected by and from the membership of the Inter-Diocesan Finance Forum
Engaging with stakeholders
RACSC engages proactively and positively with grouping around the Church:
- Church of England Clergy Advocates (CECA) is a workplace grouping of the Faith Workers Branch of Unite) Unite
CECA and the Remuneration and Conditions of Service Committee share a number of common areas of interest and CECA representatives attend a meeting of RACSC annually in order to provide input into the Committee’s thinking.