Guidance for clergy claiming Council tax Discount on second home

Clergy office holders living in a provided house may pay less Council Tax for a property they own or rent that is not their main home.

Councils can give furnished second homes or holiday homes a discount of up to 50%. Each local authority will take a different approach to assessing applications and you will need to support your application with reference to legislation.
Relevant legislation
Regulations which implement the discount
Detailed information in support of an application
Extracts from the text of the relevant legislation