It is important to make your retirement housing plans early.
For many clergy, retiring from ministry comes with the need to make a move to a new home, parish and community. This can feel daunting, particularly if you have lived in tied accommodation for much of your ministry.
Here are the Church of England Pensions Board, we can help you prepare for this step. We offer:
- the opportunity to start planning your retirement housing up to five years before you retire;
- a choice of retirement living options with us, and information and guidance about what is available with other providers, helping you make the best choice for your retirement;
- clear, timely and accessible information to enable you to make informed decisions;
- a single point of contact to help you explore the right option for your retirement;
- support in accessing any additional financial support you may be entitled to during retirement;
- advice, information and support if your housing needs change during retirement - for both existing and new customers.
Who we help
Our retirement housing services are primarily designed to support retiring and retired clergy, as well as their spouses or partners, who have lived in Church accommodation for much of their ministry.
Our Community Living schemes also welcome applications from other groups connected with the Church.
Please click on the icons below to find out more about our housing options and to look at our eligibility criteria.
For current residents, you can find key documents, advice and guidance here.
Our welfare advice services are available to all Pensions Board customers in retirement, regardless of whether you are living in one of our properties or not.
Read our Guide to Retirement Housing here.
Help with increases in everyday costs
Over the last few months, many of us have noticed gradual increases in the cost of everyday bills. Find help with increases in everyday costsFind Government, Church and general help here
“ We were supported by the team in every way, we couldn’t fault anything, all went smoothly and we are enjoying retirement”Customer feedback questionnaire – October 2019
Our privacy notice sets out how we use personal data that we hold about you and gives information on how to exercise your legal rights. You can find it here.
We're here to help you. You can contact us by:
Phone on 0207 898 1824 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Email at [email protected]
Post at PO Box 2026, Pershore, WR10 9BW